Musical Minds is a peer led group of mental health service users. The sessions run once a week for 2 hours. Decisions about how the group runs, is determined by the group members, and a coordinator facilitates the decision-making process.
A referral is required which can be made via the main office on 020 8255 3939.
The group runs as follows:
- The sessions are led by a facilitator who can support members to learn new skills on a range of instruments. Members are expected to be active participants and if they have specific skills, they are encouraged to help others.
- Members wanting to bring their own equipment must ask the group and arrange their own transportation.
- The group is not a band but will have opportunities to play at events if they wish. The group has previously played at the Mind in Kingston Arts & Music Festival.
- Any introduction of new ideas is to be discussed and agreed as a group.
- All members contribute to setting up and packing away of equipment.
- The sessions should be enjoyable and fun and no skills are required to join; just enthusiasm and willingness to support others.
For more information on how to join the group please call 020 8255 3939.
Mind in Kingston operates the following policy for the Musical Minds Group:
Music Group Policy - July 2015.pdf