Mental Health Awareness Training – Charities & Schools
Mind in Kingston provides free bespoke, interactive training that increases awareness of mental health issues in local charities, schools, colleges and universities.
One in four people will experience a mental health issue, and this affects people in every aspect of their lives, such as family, work or education, finances and social activities.
Our qualified trainers have lived experience of mental health issues, and have worked with people with mental health issues for many years.
Mental Health Awareness Training can help your organisation or school to:
- have a better understanding of mental health issues and conditions, and how to offer support
- be able to refer pupils, students or staff to the most appropriate service
- help reduce absence or low attendance, low productivity or poor performance
- improve the resilience of your pupils, students or staff
- promote a more positive view of mental health and reduce stigma and discrimination
- make the school, college, university or workplace more mental health friendly
For local charities & schools:
We receive a small grant to provide free training to local charities and schools – this is up to two hours per session. We may be able to provide extended sessions depending on availability – please contact us for further details.
For further information please contact Vicky Bourne at [email protected] or call on Tuesday or Thursday on 020 8255 3939.